Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Eric Karl Collage


This was a two week project where the first week I made different secondary colors from mixing different primary colors. We were able to use different texture items such as rollers or the back of our paint brushes to create patterns in the paintings. The following week we came back and were suppose to have an idea in mind for a one page illustration. I chose to make an illustration of how two enemies can be friends. Elephants are scared of mice but in my illustration the two are friends. Using different paintings I created and ones other students in the class created, I used different colors to create my objects. I wanted certain objects to resemble life like colors such as the sun, grass and water but other objects such as the elephant and mouse I wanted the colors to be different to appeal to the imagination.

An extension activity that could be done with this lesson is the class could have written a short story together, having characters, a problem in the story and a solution. Then, the students in the class would have to create the illustrations using the same technique as when they created their own illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment