Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Starry Night Finger

To begin this lesson, the class discussed Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night painting. Then, we were given a sheet of paper and were to finger paint a drawing of our own. We could either try to recreate the Starry Night painting or we could create one of our own. I choose to create my own painting. Every weekend I travel home to see family so I decided to draw the trip home. By mixing primary colors, I created a sunset skyline, the grass along the side of the shoulder and the paved road I travel home. By applying extra paint to some areas I was able to create a sense of texture in the picture.
As an extension activity to this project, we could research information about Vincent Van Gogh, then write a short bibliography about him using proper writing technique learned with the 6+1 traits.

No comments:

Post a Comment