Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Painting & Printmaking

This project began with a fun mysterious activity. Each student went around to eight different bags, stuck their hand into the bag and then wrote what they thought was in the bag. Once we were all done looking, the teachers revealed what was in the bags. This was to help us gather ideas for different textures we coudl get from different objects. Next, we got to pick several objects to dip into paint, then roll out onto paper to see what the textured look would be. Next, we had a clean sheet of paper that we had to put a pattern or abstract textured picture together. We had to include two primary colors, one secondary and one intermediate color. I chose to do a pattern with the colors and textures. My first primary color was yellow, which i painted onto bubble wrap and stamped onto my paper. Next I created a secondary color with blue and yellow, creating green. I painted the green onto sandpaper and then stamped it onto the paper as well. I did not get the textured result as desired. I think I applied too much paint to the sandpaper. For my intermediate color I added more blue to the green to get a intermediate color of blue-green. I then used tinsel and sponged it onto the remaining space of my paper. My name is painted on in the second primary color required. I chose the primary color red.



An extension activity that could be done with this lesson is a scavenger hunt. Students could bring in small objects from home in paper bags. Then the other students will feel inside the bag, trying to guess the different objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment